Directorate of Integrated Security System
The Armed Forces through the Directorate of Integrated Security System will develop standardized processes of Operational Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, and Environmental Management in the preparation and execution of military operations and activities by advising and intervening permanently at all levels of the military leadership for preventing accidents, occupational diseases, and negative environmental impacts in order to safeguard the Institution's human and material resources, and its work environment.
Powers and Responsabilities:
- Advising the Chief of the Joint Command of the Armed Forces in matters related to operational Safety, occupational and health safety as well as environmental management based on the policies and guidelines established by the Ministry of Defense;
- Providing strategic guidance to the Armed Forces for the implementation and development of the Integrated Security System in the Armed Forces;
- Achieving the monitoring and periodic evaluation of the management carried out by the Armed Forces in the area of its competence;
- Promoting the formation, specialization, and training of the personnel of the Armed Forces who belong to the Integrated Security System of the Armed Forces through the corresponding administrative unit;
- Managing the process of standardization of manuals, regulations, directives, instructions, and procedures for operational safety, occupational health, and safety as well as environmental management and accident investigation of the Armed Forces;
- Analyzing Statistically and prospectively the accident rate, morbidity, and negative environmental impacts generated in the Armed Forces in regard with human resources, means, and available resources; and,
- Supporting the creation of the Military Accident Investigation Boards (JIAM) in the Armed Forces, according to the Executive Decree 1722.
Las Fuerzas Armadas del Ecuador a través de la Armada del Ecuador, realizó una operación de reconocimiento y vigilancia de los espacios marítimos, con el empleo de lanchas Guardacostas, detectando una embarcación tipo fibra a 150 millas náuticas, navegando por la Zona...
En cumplimiento al Decreto Ejecutivo Nº 890 del 8 de octubre de 2023 mediante el cual, se renovó la declaratoria del estado de excepción a nivel nacional por 30 días más por grave conmoción interna ante el incremento de la actividad criminal a nivel nacional, las...